Reports to: Sales Manager, Agency Principals
Please send resume and cover letter to Kelly McClamb at firstname.lastname@example.org
To meet set goals and build relationships with clients. To identify and solicit sales prospects from various sources provided by the agency. To carry the agency’s reputation and professional manner of conducting business into the dealings with both clients and companies the agency represent.
• Identify and solicit sales prospects from various sources
• Solicit referrals from existing agency accounts
• Solicit ex-dates from sources other than those provided after approval by agency management
• Assist in resolving any problems in accounting, engineering or claims for accounts produced.
• Support and enhance standing of office personnel with clients.
• Coordinate timely presentations for both new and renewal business.
• Assist in marketing accounts where appropriate due to relationships or product expertise.
• Coordinate with Service Assistant for service of existing accounts.
• Achieve a balance in production to meet agency “mix of business” goals
Expected to meet the monthly new business premium goals through a variety of sources: cold calls, referrals, niche marketing, etc. Must acquire all necessary information for a quality new business submission:
• Enough information to complete application, loss runs or letter, questionnaires, photos, diagrams, grading of risk, etc.
• Be available for communication with new business department, underwriter, loss control, etc.
• Present the proposal in a professional manner.
• Make the sale and pick up necessary deposit and arrange for binders, certificates, etc.
• Arrange for delivery of the policy when received from company.
• Cooperate in obtaining updates for shopping the account.
• Assist in submissions (letters, calls, etc.).
• Presentation of renewal if necessary, in a professional manner.
• Collect any monies, as required.
• Arrange for delivery of policy when received from company.
• Maintain knowledge of underwriting criteria for carriers represented by agency.
• Select markets and coordinate with service assistant in submission of risk to various markets.
• Maintain a working relationship with underwriters enabling producer to negotiate as required for placement of risks.
• Producers are expected to arrange for payment of premium in a competent manner utilizing company financing, outside financing, installments, etc.
• Producers will assist in collecting earned premiums, audit premiums, etc. when called upon. Any uncollected premiums are the responsibility of the producer.
IMAGE AND BEHAVIOR
• Producers are to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times both inside as well as outside the office. The agency wants a team work atmosphere inside the office with everyone treated with respect.
• Dress or attire should be fitting that of an insurance professional with flexibility given for type of appointments.
• Let Receptionist and Sales Manager know if you are going to be out of the office or late for any reason. (The Agency looks professional knowing where you are and in case of an emergency we can contact you).
• Fully understand Employee Manual.
• Producers are expected to maintain a working knowledge of The Agency Manager.
• Immediately report all malfunctions of The Agency Manager software to the Systems Manager.
• Work with associates and the Systems Manager to develop enhancement requests which will be forwarded to ASCnet and Applied Systems for the purpose of enhancing The Agency Manager so that agency workflow might be improved.