The holidays are a wonderful time to spend with family and friends. Unfortunately, some criminals take advantage of this festive season to commit crimes on suspecting victims. Take a couple of minutes to read these helpful tips on keeping yourself safe during the holidays.
Some things to keep in mind when you are out:
- Never leave valuable items in clear view in your vehicle ̶ thieves target your car for items they see; put your valuables in the trunk
- Always lock your vehicle when you park
- Park in well-lit areas
- Park in an area with heavy foot traffic, not in an isolated spot
- When stopping for fuel, always lock your vehicle if you leave it
- When pumping gas, lock the doors on the other side of the car to prevent thieves from grabbing your purse or other valuables while your attention is diverted
- Never leave your keys in your car or the ignition ̶ your car key ring usually has your house keys on it, and this could prove dangerous and costly
Click here to read the entire article.